Tuesday, July 6, 2010

About me, my acne and roaccutane


I´m 18-year-old girl from Finland. I have very bad acne. When I was younger I got only a couple pimples here and there, but over a year ago, when I went on antibiothics my acne get worse. It became very painful & bad and since then I´ve had a very bad acne. I stopped eating that medicion, because it only made my skin worse and I thought that I would be better without it.

I have tried lots of different kinds of things, I´ve tried Clinique 3 step skin care system, homeopathy, I´ve went to kosmetologists. But I haven´t found a way to get rid of it. And it´s driving me crazy. It has come to a point where my whole life is about my skin. I´m very stressed all the time, I can´t leave our house without using any foundation and my self-esteem has become very low. I don´t feel like pretty anymore. There are days when I just want to cry.

People who doesn´t have acne often say, that don´t worry, it´s not that big deal. Yep, that´s true, maybe it´s not that big deal for them, but for me it is. I can´t live a day without thinking about my skin. And it´s not only the way I look. Acne can sometimes be very painful. Sometimes only washing my face makes my pimples bleed.

About a week ago, I went to see my doctor because of the knots I have on my neck. He told me, that they are lymph glands that get bigger when you have an infection somewhere in your body. He said that they had become because of my inflamed acne. He told me about the medicion called Roaccutane. He said it is a medicion that helps in bad acne cases. Roaccutane is a very hard drug and it can cause a lot of sideeffects, but in the same time, it can be very effective. I said that maybe I could give it a try. (Since I have tried so many things without now results I´m a bit critical) He also told me that it´s a product that only a dermatologist can give me and I have to do a blood test before strating using it.

So last Friday I went to clinic and they took me a blood test. I will see a dermatologist on 19th July. I´m excited and scared at the same time. I really hope that this medicion will cure my acne, because I don´t know what else to do. I want to get rid of this hell.

I will be posting some pictures of my skin and tell you about the results & sideeffects during my journey with roaccutane. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask. Oh, and sorry about my bad english...

1 comment: